Recipes

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Roast

Last weekend when I gave my guys the options for the weekly dinner menu they all voted for the pork roast to be their first meal of the week.  I must admit I'm not a huge pork lover, unless it is bacon or ham, so I wasn't as excited about this meal as the guys were.


  One thing that did get me excited about this meal was that it is a crockpot meal which meant less work for Mommy.  I don't have many crockpot recipes, but when I find one that is good I cook it as often as possible.  


Even though I'm not a huge pork lover, this one makes the cut for me because it is really good.  The caramelized outer layer is delicious.  I love the flavor from the glaze.  It isn't too sweet, just enough.  RJ really liked it, he kept asking for more of the bbq ribs??


One change I made from the recipe I found on Laura's Sweet Spot was that I cooked the roast in chicken stock instead of water.  Emeril always says water has no flavor so I figured I should cook the roast in something that will add to the flavor.  


If you decide to make this, I hope you enjoy it as much as my guys did.

Ingredients:

2 pounds pork tenderloin
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Instructions:

Mix together the seasonings:  sage, salt, pepper and garlic.  Rub over tenderloin.  Place chicken stock in crock pot.  Place tenderloin in crock pot.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  About an hour before roast is done mix ingredients for glaze in a small sauce pan:  brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water and soy sauce.  Heat over medium and stir until thickens, about 4 minutes.  When roast is finished cooking, remove from crock pot and place on aluminum lined baking sheet.  Brush roast with glaze and put under broiler for a few minutes until caramelized glaze is achieved.  Brush roast 2-3 times while under broiler.  Serve with glaze on the side.  


Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment