Recipes

Friday, October 26, 2012

Superhero Bookmarks

At one time MJ loved reading.  Unfortunately, his love of reading has 
been replaced by a love of video games.  
In one of my pinning adventures I ran across a great idea on the Crafts by Amanda blog that may help to ignite his reading again.


I know that MJ and his friends are into the Avengers, so I thought if he had Avenger bookmarks he would be excited to use them in his books.


Both of the boys really like the bookmarks.  RJ uses them as toys with his action figures.  He insisted that I take pictures of the bookmarks with the "real" Spider Man and Wolverine.   


When MJ brought them to school, he began coming home almost daily asking for certain characters for friends.  After a week of constantly making bookmarks, Hubby started joking that I had a bookmark assembly line going in our kitchen.  


Unfortunately, the bookmarks have not brought back MJ's love of reading, but they have inspired him to pull out his books again.  Fortunately, we make him read daily so he does use the bookmarks and reads whether he wants to or not :-).


Check out the Crafts by Amanda tutorial if you'd like to make your own.  I followed her tutorial for all but Wolverine and Hawkeye. I made my own versions using the Marvel book in the photos. 


Renee

2 comments:

  1. How totally fun! I love that you were inspired by my tutorial and that you also branched out and made your own. These are awesome :) I'll be sharing them on Facebook, thanks!

    ReplyDelete