Recipes

Friday, February 24, 2012

Nerf Wars Birthday Party

This year my oldest son turned 10 and I really didn’t know what kind of party to throw for him.  Fortunately an unfortunately, he is a very laid back kid and had no opinion other than what he wanted as a gift (an IPod touch by the way).  After much debate I finally decided to do a Nerf Wars party at our house.  We live in Texas and this winter has been very mild so I figured this would be a great idea.  Of course the day of the party the temperature barely made it to 40 degrees.  Thank goodness it was a very sunny day so the party was able to go on as planned.
I did a simple online invitation and asked all the boys to bring guns and ammo (we did have extras if anyone didn’t have a gun).


His favorite flavor is chocolate so I made chocolate cupcakes with orange and yellow sprinkles for the kids and chocolate cake pops with orange and yellow sprinkles for the adults.
I purchased one of those small helium tanks from Target for $20 and blew up as many balloons as my fingers could tie. (Of course my husband was at work for that part)


I also made simple gift bags with note pads, pencils, pencil sharpeners, straws, Reeses, Butterfingers and extra Nerf darts.






 I also had lots of fun decorating the house with all types of yellow and orange Nerf stuff.
 The boys had a fun running around the yard that we tried to set up as an obstacle course.






 We put small army men on a board and the boys had to do 'Sniper Training' to try and shoot them down.
 I spray painted cans orange and yellow and the boys tried to shoot them with their Nerf guns.


The party was a hit, the boys had a great time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment